Welcome to Rideroom, an online automotive community where you can discuss all things related to cars, trucks, motorcycles or any other vehicle you may have.

To gain full access to Rideroom you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Create a Rideroom to showcase your cars, trucks and motorcycles on the main Rideroom site.
  • Give "Props" to rides you like
  • Start a Rideroom Group for your car/truck/bike club
  • Post comments on rides and news stories.
  • Post and reply to topics in the forum
  • Communicate privately with other automotive enthusiasts (PM) on the forum
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Rideroom Forums > General > Articles
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-23-2008, 07:57 PM

Looks good , but how 'bout that transmission?

It's gonna leave you a note and run away from home.

Unread 04-17-2008, 06:41 PM

The tranny has been holding up good. It's been almost a year since I had it last rebuilt. I haven't really pushed it hard though. Well see how it acts once I take it to the track!

Updated pictures of the bed. This is after paint but before the polish. Roll pan is in and according to him, it should be put back together by tomorrow and ready for me this Saturday or Friday night.

After paint!

Roll pan, you can see the small indentation that runs along the top of the license plate area. He added that himself, he said it looked to boring with just a flat panel, I think it came out pretty good.

I'm happy how it looks, I hated that damn bumper!

He also installed my electric cut out, this should be fun!

More pics to come on Saturday of the finished product. It's been over a month since I last drove her, and I'm anxious to get her back.
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:12 AM

Some pics from today. They have put everything back together as far as body goes. Still need some minor details like the rear lights and stuff. But it's getting there. They finished buffing the front cab and are working on the rear.

Front of the truck, not a great picture, but you guys get the idea!

Here is a much better picture of how the front end will look like, you can really tell how bulky the HD hood is and how it cleans up the truck, IMO. Also the bumper and lower valance have been color matched. The openings on the bumper have been opened, for extra cooling, and the chrome Tahoe grille has been installed. The grille had black bars across the middle, which were cut and instead we put on the black mesh grille inserts, which are called "speed grille inserts" in the truck world.

Closer look at the grille inserts and now the intercooler will be very noticeable.

Roll pan with the Silverado emblem put on. Nice touch, as the truck has some chrome accents on it.

Unread 04-19-2008, 07:01 AM

Looks great, I love that understated look. The roll pan indentation was a nice touch.

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

That does look really sharp man! Congrats on everything ( =

I am curious about the roll pan, though. I will admit, it has been a while since I really was into customizing trucks-but I thought the hot thing was the blend it in with the bed itself, and not have those gaps on the side? Any certain reason you chose not to do that?
Unread 04-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Yeah I debated whether to have the roll pan smoothed with the rest of the truck. But after looking at trucks with them, I really didn't like it to much. I guess I'm weird like that. So I just had him leave it as is. Maybe I'll change my mind later... haha
Unread 04-19-2008, 02:59 PM

looks good.

why is the driver's side tow hook bent down?
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM

needs bags now
Unread 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM

Well I got the truck back on Thursday. I really like the way everything came out. I'm pretty happy with the results. I snapped some quick pics of it, before it got dirty. I need a better back drop maybe later this week, when I get a couple of days off, I'll take it up to Griffith Park and take same better photos.

Rear of the truck, you can see how the exhaust was turned down, it actually sounds a little deeper now. I like the way it came out, I was expecting something else, but this looks good.

More ass shots, the Silverado lettering came out great. I think it really sets off the back of the truck. Also have my backup camera on the license plate frame, I had it on for a while at it works great.

Front of the truck, you can see how bulky the new hood is and I really like it as well.

Angryrobots had mentioned the tow hooks being bent, but I didn't notice anything!

Once I get the wiring for my fancy mirrors we will put them on. Those are color matched to the truck, so the black will gonefor good!

Overall, I think it came out good. It still has a simple look to it, the way I wanted to keep it. Nothing to out there. I've already got comments on the truck from random people in the street. Some guy in a older fox body mustang, asked if I would trade him the truck for it..

We still wanted to do some pin striping, but I think we may do a ghost pin stripe, I think that would look good. Not sure yet, still trying to come up with ideas. I also have a set of 6.0 badges from the new GTO's, not sure if those are gonna go on though. I'd like to keep it a "sleeper" as much as possible. All though once the vanity plates go on, it'll probably end that.

Please let me know how you guys like it. I'll get some better pics to show the paint later!
Unread 04-27-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CamaroRS View Post
Some guy in a older fox body mustang, asked if I would trade him the truck for it..
"Excuse me, do you have a Dart block and a PT88 turbo? No? Yeah I'll stick with what I got. Thanks for the offer though."