Welcome to Rideroom, an online automotive community where you can discuss all things related to cars, trucks, motorcycles or any other vehicle you may have.

To gain full access to Rideroom you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Create a Rideroom to showcase your cars, trucks and motorcycles on the main Rideroom site.
  • Give "Props" to rides you like
  • Start a Rideroom Group for your car/truck/bike club
  • Post comments on rides and news stories.
  • Post and reply to topics in the forum
  • Communicate privately with other automotive enthusiasts (PM) on the forum
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Rideroom Forums > General > Articles
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:03 PM

How big of a lift is the cam?

Mine is a .383 /.401.
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM

At the valve with 1.6 rockers, 224/230* @.050" and .575" lift roughly. Its on a 112* LSA. Its a small base circle cam with a 4/7 firing order swap. I think thats a partial reason why the car has a healthy lope and still has a rock solid 750-800rpm idle. Even with the AC on.
Unread 04-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Each time I hear you talk about your Camaro, it makes me want to start working on mine finally. Maybe after I'm done with the truck.
Unread 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Doomsday View Post
How big of a lift is the cam?

Mine is a .383 /.401.
Nice RV.
On our way back from the beach, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. At that moment, we were passed by a Rendezvous with the Ohio license plate "ASK GOD." So we did, and we ended up at some shitty Texas roadhouse-style place. Next time, I pick.--AchTTung
Unread 04-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Nice RV.
At 4,200 pounds I think of her as a quazzi-RV

I didn't really need a motor with 320-330 horspower I just wanted a nice little torque monster and now with the 1.52 we installed last night, the last step is to install the Pertronix Ignitor setup.
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Doomsday View Post
At 4,200 pounds I think of her as a quazzi-RV

I didn't really need a motor with 320-330 horspower I just wanted a nice little torque monster and now with the 1.52 we installed last night, the last step is to install the Pertronix Ignitor setup.
With a proper setup, you can get that car going a little easier. Hell, a stock L98 in that thing would make a nice cruiser.
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Well, I had to clearance the rearend girdle so the swaybar can pass. The rear isnt meant to have a RSB as big as the one I have and have a aluminum girdle that has a 5/8" thick flange. Good thing as the gear oil was kinda nasty. 2 fresh quarts of Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Oil went in.

On a semi-related note. Turns out the LS1 rear has a channel in the housing to drain the fluid so you dont have to take the cover off to change the fluid. Thats neat. Makes maintence a little easier.

Put the 3rd MSD Digital 6 box in, car runs much better. Plugs are still semi-fouled. I have a new set waiting for it. I talked to MSD about the original box, they repaired it for about $35. So now I have a spare.

Slowly making progress.....
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM

New plugs in, did a little bit of tuning. Its starting to really come together. No more surging at idle, hesitating and misfiring at part throttle, the IAC is controlling the idle better. I still have to lean out the WOT tune. It went to 8:1 between 2500 and 3800. After that it leaned out to about 10:1. I would like to get it to about 12.0 or so. After I get the cooling issue resolved and most of the interior back together, it will be off to the dyno. But, thats a ways off.

I still believe I have a good bit of power on the table.
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

Random question: Does 8-9:1 smell as awful without cats as it does with them?

I swear I could smell that 16 hours later...
On our way back from the beach, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. At that moment, we were passed by a Rendezvous with the Ohio license plate "ASK GOD." So we did, and we ended up at some shitty Texas roadhouse-style place. Next time, I pick.--AchTTung
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:35 PM

No, because its WOT on the street, youre not able to smell anything. I knew it was rich, but I figured it wasnt as rich as the wideband was saying. It pegged it at 8.