Welcome to Rideroom, an online automotive community where you can discuss all things related to cars, trucks, motorcycles or any other vehicle you may have.

To gain full access to Rideroom you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Create a Rideroom to showcase your cars, trucks and motorcycles on the main Rideroom site.
  • Give "Props" to rides you like
  • Start a Rideroom Group for your car/truck/bike club
  • Post comments on rides and news stories.
  • Post and reply to topics in the forum
  • Communicate privately with other automotive enthusiasts (PM) on the forum
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Rideroom Forums > General > Articles
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Pooped 2 MSD Digital 6's due to faulty wiring on my behalf. Apparently, they want the power and ground to be directly to the battery and NOWHERE ELSE. I sent one back to MSD for repairs and one to summit for replacement. Maybe I'll have a spare now.

I found out that flexalite rates their fans at either 14 or 16 volts. Which would obviously make the fans blow more air than they would on a 12v system, such as in your car. So when I get some money, I am changing them out with some Spals that are rated at 2750cfm at 12v. As opposed to 2500 at 14/16. That, I am also going to change my fan control from letting the XFI control it to Spal's controller. At least it will control it with the AC and all.

Picked up a factory fiberglass hood for $100. Going to have a 2" cowl molded in. Hopefully that will let some of the hot air out.

Put the LS1 rearend in there. It has a Eaton Posi, 28 spline aftermarket axles, aftermarket 3.73 gears, diff cover, LS1 brakes. After a debacle with the steel lines, I finally got all that shit working. I actually have functioning rear brakes now. While its biased towards the rears, its still an improvement over non-functioning brakes. That, and the car absolutely LOVED the going from 3.42's to 3.73's. It just needs a 2800 stall and I think it will be about right in that aspect, but thats MUCH later down the road.

Thats my update for now, you may now go back to not caring.
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM

What kind of power are you making? Also, what year car is it?
My Indian name is "Runs with beer"
Shut up voices or I'll poke you with a Q-tip again
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Its a 89. After its tuned, I am hoping for around 325whp.
Unread 04-22-2008, 04:29 PM
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

That's all?
On our way back from the beach, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. At that moment, we were passed by a Rendezvous with the Ohio license plate "ASK GOD." So we did, and we ended up at some shitty Texas roadhouse-style place. Next time, I pick.--AchTTung
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
That's all?
Where are you at chris? I just want to know so I can make 1 single horsepower more than you.
Unread 04-22-2008, 08:39 PM

Sonds pretty decent. I'm just hoping to get my 79 road worthy by the end of the year.
Unread 04-22-2008, 08:55 PM

Well, start a project thread on it when you start working on it. We're always interested in projects. The reason there isnt much interest in mine is its been such a long term project that its like beating a dead horse (or a dead ponycar really. )
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Other than the front suspension being messed up, its more or less road worthy. Got it a salvage auction. Whoever owned it previously had sideswiped a jersey barrier or something and left it. Has a real nice brush paint job on it too. Oh well. Definitely fun to work on this winter.
Unread 04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdave View Post
Where are you at chris? I just want to know so I can make 1 single horsepower more than you.
Heck if I know. I haven't been motivated enough to do another dyno pull with the V6 car since I got my fueling issues straightened out. Before, it was something like 310 whp at ~5200, 330 lb-ft at 4500, with the timing retarded 4* from the normal setting. It should be good 'til 6000 now, so it's probably around 350 whp. I'll probably never bothering getting a sheet to prove it, because I just don't care--for its intended purpose, it's plenty.

You'll have more power than the Cobra, though.
On our way back from the beach, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. At that moment, we were passed by a Rendezvous with the Ohio license plate "ASK GOD." So we did, and we ended up at some shitty Texas roadhouse-style place. Next time, I pick.--AchTTung
Unread 04-23-2008, 02:59 PM

Also remember, that I am sorta limited in things. Since its a stock bottom end, I cannot push it over 6k. So, I selected a cam that would make maximum possible power up till 5900 then start dropping off. So we (myself, my engine builder buddy and the custom cam maker at Comp Cams) decided to run a relatively small duration cam, with alot of lift and a little bit wider LSA. The car makes 12" of vacuum and pulls very nicely in the mid and top end.

That, I do not have enough compression to make use of a larger cam anyways. So I am trying to make the most with what I have.