Welcome to Rideroom, an online automotive community where you can discuss all things related to cars, trucks, motorcycles or any other vehicle you may have.

To gain full access to Rideroom you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Create a Rideroom to showcase your cars, trucks and motorcycles on the main Rideroom site.
  • Give "Props" to rides you like
  • Start a Rideroom Group for your car/truck/bike club
  • Post comments on rides and news stories.
  • Post and reply to topics in the forum
  • Communicate privately with other automotive enthusiasts (PM) on the forum
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Rideroom Forums > General > Articles
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-21-2007, 06:49 PM
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

For tuning your setup, you probably shouldn't need that. I've got issues like this because I'm running a bunch of ported stuff, with larger-than-stock valves and a big cam. The wall film behaves very differently from stock, even when I'm running vac (or heck, even when I'm NA). You've stuck a low-boost supercharger on a basically stock engine; the only real concern would be the injectors.

Edit: But it's a good idea to make sure your dealer actually has that access level himself. Some of 'em don't.
On our way back from the beach, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. At that moment, we were passed by a Rendezvous with the Ohio license plate "ASK GOD." So we did, and we ended up at some shitty Texas roadhouse-style place. Next time, I pick.--AchTTung

Last edited by lemming : 09-21-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Unread 09-22-2007, 03:58 PM

Yeah, the engine's all stock - I'm just running the SC with the stock tune on 30lb injectors and it *seems* to be running fine based on the latest gas mileage calculations and checking how the plugs look. I thought it would be shitty, but I just looked up some calculations online and apparently 30lb injectors and 7-8lb or so almost exactly corresponds to no boost on the stock 19lb injectors. I'll just stop worrying about it until I decide I want to run more boost and e85.

Ultimately, though, I keep having this deeply rooted desire to rip the SC off, plug the shark nozzle back in, and fill up the bottle. Or maybe I should just find a good tuner and have him help me spray on top of the SC. Or maybe I should wait for all that stuff and see how it runs on e85. I'm actually very gung ho about the idea of getting 42lb injectors and tuning it for e85.

Decisions, decisions
Unread 09-22-2007, 07:05 PM
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

Quote:
I thought it would be shitty, but I just looked up some calculations online and apparently 30lb injectors and 7-8lb or so almost exactly corresponds to no boost on the stock 19lb injectors.
In terms of fuel, maybe, but it's practically guaranteed that your timing is screwed up.
On our way back from the beach, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. At that moment, we were passed by a Rendezvous with the Ohio license plate "ASK GOD." So we did, and we ended up at some shitty Texas roadhouse-style place. Next time, I pick.--AchTTung