Welcome to Rideroom, an online automotive community where you can discuss all things related to cars, trucks, motorcycles or any other vehicle you may have.

To gain full access to Rideroom you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Create a Rideroom to showcase your cars, trucks and motorcycles on the main Rideroom site.
  • Give "Props" to rides you like
  • Start a Rideroom Group for your car/truck/bike club
  • Post comments on rides and news stories.
  • Post and reply to topics in the forum
  • Communicate privately with other automotive enthusiasts (PM) on the forum
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Rideroom Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-12-2014, 08:09 PM

The changes in my fleet

89 Camaro. Havent drove it much in the last few years. I finally built a decent motor and I ended up selling it to change directions with the car. Its next on my list of cars to finish behind my firebird.

05 GLI. Sold it back in Oct 07. I think about a month before the Economy collapsed. Seriously regret selling that fucking car. Bought a charger with it.

07 Charger R/T Daytona. Had it for a few years, little boltons. Probably 300whp area. Ran really good. Had some problems with the cooling fan setup. I carmax'd it Summer 2013 and got $3k more than I owed.

My current Daily Driver is a 04.5 Silverado 2500HD with a LLY Duramax. Some small boltons and deletes and stuff. Probably 330whp/750lb-ft. Has 300k miles on it and runs awesome. I use it to tow a car hauler and whatever else I need to drag with the bastard. My first 4x4 truck and I love it.

99 Firebird Formula. The latest project. As it sits at writing its 90% completed. Waiting on a few small odds and ends. Basically its a LQ4 block and crank, LS2 rods and pistons, mild cam, ported 317 heads, FAST intake, 4L80E transmission. When its finished and tuned it should be close to 400whp. It runs pretty damn hard for a untuned car that Ive been slowly tuning. The final tune will be professionally done.
Unread 09-19-2014, 07:51 PM

pics of the diesel
Unread 09-23-2014, 08:15 PM

Not mine, but its exactly the same.

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2005_w...0730663252.jpg
Unread 07-03-2015, 05:48 PM

In other changes, I traded my brother a old 89 Firebird Formula and THE camaro for his AWD converted, built engine, big turbo Jetta GLI. Im expecting to start on that project to make it the way I want later this year. After the interior work and body work came out like shit, I really lost interest in the car and it was time for it to go. Knowing this, my brother proposed the trade and after 2 weeks of thinking I accepted.
Unread 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM

Interesting.............

What'll he do with it?
Unread 08-16-2015, 03:26 PM

I think hes going to make it a father/son project with my nephew. It has alot of goodies on it for what he wants to do with it. For what I wanted to do I estimated $15k would be needed and to be honest, Im not looking into spending that kind of money into a car for a long time.
Unread 02-21-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdave View Post
I estimated $15k would be needed and to be honest, Im not looking into spending that kind of money into a car for a long time.
Heh, how ironic. I finally got the Jetta running really well on the new standalone, got a boost controller working......aaannnnddddd the clutch blew up. It shot out of the bell housing and shot the starter through the radiator. Broke the block, transmission is garbage. So here I am looking at $5k-$12k in damage. I could go the super insane power level, but man thats alot of money right now. And I am in the middle of a job change. Fortunately, my pay will be going up drastically and my car payments are done, so Im doing well there.

The truck blew up the transmission at 310k miles. The transfer case was also shit. When I went to drain the transfer case to remove it, nothing came out. Pull the case apart, and it was blown. Fortunately I was making alot of money during that time, so I was able to fix it. So now the transmission is built, and I upped the power to around 475-500hp and about 900ft-lbs. It has about 350k on it now, and I just wrote the last check for it today, so its paid off. First time since 05 that Ive had no car payment.

E; Forgot to mention. After 2 weeks I got the truck all back together, took it for a test drive, everythings good. I pack up my shop at 11pm and start driving home. 100 yards from my shop, the truck died. I check it over and the FICM fuse was blown. I put another fuse in, about 2s later it literally exploded. Another $600 gone. LMAO.

Last edited by vwdave : 02-21-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Unread 02-23-2017, 09:39 PM

How is the formula coming? I'm still keeping an eye out for a 98-02 TA. Stock with a 6spd and t-tops. Starting to get worn on the old 89 firebird I've had since the Ricecop days. Time for something newer and more modern................ lol.

"Ray, ripping the plumbing out of your walls for liqour money... is f@#*%d."
Unread 03-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Its ok, just hanging out at my place. Im looking to sell it as a matter of fact. Even though its a Automatic. If things go as good with the new job as I hope, I might be in the market for a used SS or a ZL1.